One of my New Year’s Resolutions was that I would post on Supper For One at least once a week. I’m trying my best to get organized so that I prep my recipes in advance, but it is definitely a little harder taking the photos while cooking at the same time. With that being said, I did cook this week, but wasn’t organized enough to take pictures (sorry, but I was hungry and taking pictures would have slowed me down!).
So instead of sharing with you my latest recipe, I wanted to tell you about my Best Friend: Cuisinart’s Griddler. Whether you live alone or have a family, this is a must have for your kitchen! I got excited last night because I perfected cooking my steak on this thing (Set it on High and cook for 2 1/2 minutes then flip and cook for another 2 1/2 minutes).
Although California weather still feels like summer, we are ready to officially welcome Autumn this weekend. I love stepping out the front door in the morning to the cool, crisp air and the smell of the dewy grass. With that being said, here are my Top Five Fall Favorites to make sure my kitchen is ready to welcome my favorite season!
1. Spiced Pumpkin Scented Candle – I’ve pretty much been obsessed with candles my whole adult life. I burn scented candles throughout the whole weekend when I’m able to spend more time at home. I tend to favor baked goods scents like “Birthday Cake” and “Cookie Dough”, but when Fall comes around it’s time to swap them out with scents like “Spiced Pumpkin” and “Autumn Wreath”.
2. Hot Apple Cider – There’s nothing like having a hot cup of apple cider on a cool evening. My favorite is Green Mountain Natural’s Hot Apple Cider. Hot Apple Cider from Green Mountain Naturals squeezes the fresh-picked goodness of sweet orchard apples into convenient K-Cup packs. Throw in a warm blanket and a good movie and you basically described my favorite Sunday night.
3. Faux Fall Berry Wreath – Fall Wreaths are a nice way to greet your guests when you have them over for dinner. Colorful berries, leaves and pinecones—you can’t get any more Fall than that. http://www.pier1.com/Faux-Fall-Berry-Wreath/2701123,default,pd.html?cgid=savings-clearance#icid=hp-left-savings_clearance&start=5
4. Fall Leaf Piecrust Cutters – Dress up your pies with a little Fall decoration. Use these piecrust cutter to top your pie with an oak, maple and elm leaf to tie in the Fall season.
5. Lidded Pumpkin Pie Dish – Crafted to be used for many seasons to come, our covered dish is a festive way to keep baked goods protected and fresh.
This mug! I’ve been a fan of Aedriel’s stuff for awhile. After seeing her instagram introducing her new mug–I hurried to see if I could grab one before it sold out. Saldy, I was too slow! I have her “Hello, My Name Is Awesome” mug so this is going to be the perfect pair to it. My current mug doesn’t fail to put a smile on my face during my morning coffee.
She promises that she will be making more soon so be sure to keep
stalking checking her site. Her coffee mugs aren’t the only cute kitchen stuff she has either. Check out her petite personalized dishes and other kitchen essentials at http://www.aedrieloriginals.com
I need this in my life!! I didn’t even realize that I loved pie until my late 20’s so I feel like I have major catching up to do! Living alone, I haven’t even attempted to bake a pie because so much would go to waste (or I would eat the whole thing). While browsing Williams-Sonoma, I came across the Breville Personal Pie Maker.
This personal pie maker creates up to four individual-sized pies. It would be an awesome thing to have especially if your family and friends have different taste in pie flavors (or if you want to have a little of each). 😉 It’s going for $79.95 on Williams-Sonoma and usually retails at around $150.00.
P.S. It only takes about 8 Minutes until the pies are done! *drools*