Archive of ‘Main Course’ category
This Thai recipe post was inspired by the Pad Thai Sauce that I got as a gift when I went to Ayara’s Media dinner last week. If you guys remember my Los Angeles Times: The Taste post, I first found out about Ayara when they had a booth there. They had delicious Pad Thai Sliders that they served. Since I happened to get the Pad Thai Sauce as a gift (they have 7 different types of sauces), I found it fitting to recreate their Pad Thai Sliders with my own little twist.
The Coleslaw was first created to be a side dish, but after all was plated and we sat down to eat–we made the final call that the Pad Thai sliders tasted the best when topped with the Coleslaw. Make sure you do the same–you won’t be sorry!
And if Pad Thai Sliders weren’t enough, we also paired the meal with Spicy Beef Skewers with Peanut Sauce! This was one meal that I wished I had a lot of leftovers of so I hope you enjoy it just as much as I did.
Pad Thai Sliders
1lb of Ground Turkey
8 Shrimps (deveined and finely chopped)
2 oz. of Ayara’s Pad Thai Sauce
4 Tablespoons Fish Sauce
4 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
Salt & Pepper to taste
Hawaiian Bread Rolls
(Optional Toppings for your Sliders)
1/2 Chopped Peanuts
1/2 Cup of Cilantro
1 Cup Bean Sprouts
1. Peel, devein and cut shrimp in fine pieces.
2. Combine with Ground Turkey, Garlic, Salt, Pepper, Ayara Pad Thai Sauce, Fish Sauce.
3. Make small patties (about 3 inches in 2 1/2 – 3 inches in diameter.
4. Cook with oil in pan or grill for about 4-5 minutes on each side.
5. Serve on Hawaiian bread with optional toppings and/or Coleslaw below.
Peanut Dressing for Coleslaw & to Serve with Thai Beef Skewers
4 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
6 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
4 Tsp White Sugar
2 Tbsp of Soy Sauce
4 Tbsp Creamy Peanut Butter
2 Tsp Sesame Oil
1 Small Lime (Juice)
Combine all your ingredients and mix (I know…so easy!)
(Note: You can eat this as a side dish or also as an added topping to your Pad Thai Sliders. If I didn’t say it enough….use it as a topping on your sliders!!)
4 cups of Shredded Cabbage
1/2 Cup of Sliced Carrots
1/2 cup of Bean Sprouts
1/2 Red Bell Pepper
Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Add in half of the Peanut Sauce you made and mix together. Refrigerate.
Spicy Beef Skewers
3 Cloves of Garlic, minced
1 Tsp of Red Pepper Flakes
1/4 Cup of Soy Sauce
1/4 Cup of Rice Vinegar
1 Teaspoon of Ground Pepper
1 Tablespoon of Sugar
1 Tablespoon of Asian Sesame Oil
1 1/2 Flank Steak
1. Cut Flank Steak in one inch strips.
2. Combine garlic, red pepper flakes, soy sauce, rice vinegar, ground pepper, sugar, and sesame oil.
3. Soak Steak in marinade, cover and refrigerate for about 45 minutes.
4. Soak your Bamboo Skewers in cold water for 30 minutes.
5. Thread your steak onto the skewers.
6. Cook on high heat for about 4-5 minutes on each side.
7. Serve with Peanut Sauce and Chili Paste for extra kick.
Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next