I bought a couple Ramekins when I wanted to make a Single Serving Deep Dish Cookie A La Mode. They are the perfect dish to use when trying to make small serving meals like this meatloaf. Meatloaf wasn’t something I grew up eating so I was excited to try something new.
The one thing I love about this recipe is that you change it up easily and make it your own. Add your favorite veggies and herbs to the mix to give it your own special touch. We decided to tie in everything on the plate by adding bacon (baking your bacon in the oven is the way to go) to everything! Enjoy!
1 pound lean ground beef
½ cup of Panko bread crumbs
½ tablespoon butter
1 to 2 stalks of celery, diced
½ red bell pepper, diced
½ small onion, diced
1 clove of finely chopped garlic
¼ cup of sliced black olives
1 teaspoon of oregano (fresh if possible)
1 teaspoon of sage (fresh if possible)
½ teaspoon of salt
Pepper to taste
1 egg, lightly beaten
½ tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/3 cup ketchup
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon of brown sugar
2 tablespoons of ketchup
1. Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat; add celery, onion, red pepper and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes or until tender.
2. Stir together sauté mixture, ground beef, olives, oregano, sage, salt, pepper, egg, breadcrumbs and Worcestershire sauce. Shape into a loaf or into two ramekin dishes.
3. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes.
4. Stir together the Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar and ketchup until blended; pour glaze over meatloaf. If you have cooked bacon you can finely chop a couple slices and spread on top of the glaze.
5. Continue to bake 10 to 15 more minutes until not pink in the center or 160 degrees.
6. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Sautéed spinach with bacon & onion
6 oz of spinach
2-3 slices of crisp bacon, chopped
1-2 tablespoons of finely chopped onion
1 tablespoon of white wine vinegar
Salt & pepper to taste
For best results use a couple tablespoons of the leftover bacon grease to sauté the onion and chopped bacon over medium heat. Add spinach continue to toss in pan until it begins to wilt, add white wine vinegar, salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Bacon & Cheddar Mashed Potatoes
1 Cup of Cheese
2-3 Pieces of Bacon Baked and chopped
Half and Half
1. Peel potatoes and cut each potatoes into 4 cubes
2. Add 1 clove of chopped garlic to water and boil potatoes until soft
3. Drain the potatoes.
3. Mash Potatoes with a Potato Masher.
4. Add Butter and Half & Half until desired consistency (I love my Mashed Potatoes Creamy!)