A friend offered to make lunch one afternoon and I thought it was worthy of a post here on Supper For One. It’s an easy meal to make and it tastes delicious. Pair it with a small side salad like Kale, potato salad and your favorite summer ale to complete the meal! Enjoy.
(Serving Size: 2)
4 slices of Jewish Rye Bread
1 Pepper (We halved two different colored peppers for more color)
4 Polish Dogs
1. On your grill, we used the Griddler from Cuisinart, add a little olive oil and your onions.
2. Add Peppers and brush on a little more olive oil on your peppers. Keep on grill until you see the nice, little grill marks on your peppers and onions. Transfer it to a plate and set aside.
3. Cut your Polish Dogs in half longways and place them flat on the grill. If you have a Griddler, you can close the top lid so it can cook it on both sides. If not, you can always just turn your polish dog over to cook thoroughly. Cook until you see those nice grill marks.
4. Add a dash of Horseradish (a lot goes a long way) on one side of your bread and spread and add mustard on the other side of your bread and spread. Add peppers and onions and top with your sliced polish dogs.
5. You can eat it as is or put it back on your Griddler (which is also a panini press) and press your sandwiches for another minute.
6. Add pickles in your sandwich at the end or just eat them on the side to give your meal a nice crunch.