You can never go wrong with a nice, juicy steak for a meal. I am luck to live within walking distance to Vons so I just picked up a New York Steak on the way home to throw on my grill.
This meal also gave me a chance to finish up all the veggies I precut for the week to help save myself time. This is also a great meal to combine with steamed broccoli and mashed potatoes. You can also pair it with some great summertime vegetables like squash and zucchini. The options are endless! Enjoy!
1 New York Strip Steak
Salt & Pepper
1. Season both sides of your steak with salt & pepper.
2. Turn on your grill and prepare for high heat.
3. In another pan, on medium heat, add a little olive oil and your onions. You can use as much onions and veggies you want depending on how much you want to eat. I just went ahead and finished what I had left precut in my fridge. Add in peppers and mushroom and cook on medium heat. After about 5 minutes, I adjust the heat to low so I can keep my veggies warm until my steak is done.
4. Drizzle the steak with about a tablespoon of olive oil on both sides and transfer onto your grill. I like my steak pretty rare so I only grill each side for 3-4 minutes. Be sure to rotate your steak if you want the pretty grill marks.
5. Plate with your veggies and enjoy!