What better way to kick off the long Labor Day weekend than some All American Pie. After drooling over Breville’s Personal Pie Maker, I finally brought it over to my sister’s house to try it out. It’s the perfect way to kick off the Labor Day weekend. This is a quick and easy way to make pies at a smaller serving and four different types of pie if you wanted Enjoy!
2 packages ready made, pie dough (I would use 1 package of pie dough and 1 package of puffed pastry for the tops, but the store was out of puffed pastry).
2 Tablespoons of Flour
1/2 Tsp of Lemon Zest
1 Tablespoon of Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
1 1/3 cups mixed berries (I used blueberries and raspberries), thawed
3 Tablespoons of Sugar
2/3 cup fresh berries (I used blueberries and raspberries)
Vanilla Ice Cream and extra berries for garnish
1. Plug in your pie maker.
2. In a small sauce pan, combine your thawed berries, flour, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice and stir. Cook over low heat stirring occasionally. I would cook for about 6 minutes until the filling gets a little thickness to it. Take it off heat and put to the side.
3. Flour a surface and unroll and layout premade pie dough. Your pie makers come with cutters for the bottom of the pie and the top of your pie. Again, I wish I had puff pastry for the top part of the pie, but I went with what was available. Cut out 4 bottoms and 4 tops.
4. Press the pie dough into the bottom of each pie cup on your pie maker using the pastry press that comes with the machine.
5. Fill each pie with 1/3 cup of pie filling that you made. Add a handful of fresh berries on top.
6. Put your pie tops over the pies and close machine.
7. Close lid for about 5-7 minutes to cook. Check at the 5 minutes mark to see if the tops are golden brown. If not, close lid and continue to cook until golden brown.
8. Remove pies and allow time to cool. Pair with ice cream and fresh berries and enjoy!