Hello readers of Supper for One,
My name is Sandra and I am food blogger at Sandra’s Easy Cooking, blog for simple and affordable meal ideas. I started my blog 3 years ago and fell in love with whole concept of blogging, sharing and making my voice on the web just a little louder. Blogging became part of my family and they are supportive and understanding, which gives me that much more motivation to continue this blogging journey. Besides being a full time food blogger, I am a mommy of three busy kids, a wife, and everything that falls in between.
I would like to take this time and say: “thank you so much Kathleen for having me over”.
I am happy to be here today and share my delicious Greek Chicken Stromboli.
This recipe is kind of mix of Greek and Italian, and it’s absolutely perfect for school or work lunches since it’s very convenient and great for dinner for one or more people.
It’s also simple, even though it looks like a long and hard to do recipe, but trust me it’s not that hard at all. I hope you try to make it!
Greek Chicken Stromboli
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Sugar
1 tsp. dry yeast
8 oz Luke warm water
1/2 tsp. Oil
1/2 Chicken Breast, large (defrosted if frozen)
3 Tbs. Olive Oil
1 tsp. dry Mint
1 tsp. dry Oregano
Lemon juice-from 1/2 of the lemon
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
2 garlic cloves, minced
Cooked marinated Chicken
1/4 onion, minced
3 mushrooms, sliced and cooked
1 Tbs. Olive oil
2 Garlic, minced
1/2 stalk Rosemary
1. In a large bowl put everything together for the pizza dough, mix and pour the water slowly while mixing it with wooden spoon(or similar).
2. Knead it with your hands for minutes until you form a ball. Add oil and spread it all over the dough.
3. Cover and let it rise in a room temperature for 30-45 minutes.
1. In a large Ziploc bag or a bowl put all the ingredients for the chicken. Add chicken in the marinade and let the chicken marinade for 20 minutes.
2. Take it out of the bag or bowl and cook/ fry on just a bit of oil until done.
3. You might want to add onions and mushrooms with the chicken once its almost done cooking.
4. Let the chicken and mushrooms rest for the next 10 minutes on the plate while you prepare the dough.
5. Once the chicken is rested slice in long stripes.
1. Preheat the oven on 375 Fahrenheit(190 C)
2. Dust work surface with bit of flour and place the dough on.
3. Roll into large, thin dough sheet-just like you would pizza dough, but thinner (dough will rise while baking)
4. Put Provolone cheese slices, chicken, mushrooms and onions and roll.
5. Once its rolled, saute olive oil, garlic and rosemary for few second just to release the aroma and oil get flavored.
6. Brush the roll with the oil and drop evenly rosemary and garlic on top.
7. Sprinkle with grounded Parmigiana cheese.
8. Line the baking pan with parchment paper and bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
9. Once it’s done let the Stromboli rest for 10 minutes before slicing it. Serve it with steamed asparagus and Greek Salad (tomatoes, olives, arugula and dressing is same as marinade)
10. You can put it the the fridge for up to 3 days-reheat before eating.
You can use pre-made pizza dough and save yourself a time.
You can fill the Stromboli with any filling that you desire, even nutella.
You do not have to make one big stromboli, you make made few smaller ones especially if you have more people. This amount of dough can make up to 3 smaller stromboli.